Do you ever have those days when you start with the best intentions, you shun the negative thoughts you’ve been having lately and tell yourself “Stop! Today is going to be a good day. I’m going to be productive and achieve something!”?
Do those days then fall apart when one thing after another goes wrong, and you end up feeling like you’re never going to achieve anything again?
Today is one of those days, but instead of feeling sorry for myself, I’ve hit myself up with a heavy dose of feel-good to lift my spirits, ’cause hey, there’s always tomorrow!
Feel-good for me is blasting out the following playlist (aptly titled Feelgood1) and dancing around like a fool à la Hugh Grant in Love Actually!
- Katrina And The Waves – Walking On Sunshine
- A-Ha – Take On Me
- The Human League – Don’t You Want Me
- Blondie – Hanging On The Telephone
- Prince & The Revolution – Kiss
- Spinners – Working My Way Back To You
- KC & The Sunshine Band – Get Down Tonight
- Cool And The Gang – Celebration
- Dolly Parton – 9-5
- Prince – 1999
- Soft Cell – Tainted Love
- Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance With Somebody
- Michael Jackson – The Way You Make Me Feel
What do you do to bust a bad mood? Is there a song that’s guaranteed to lift your spirits?